Chemicals and Petrochemicals
Lubricants that support operational safety
In the chemical processing industry, raw materials undergo a chemical conversion and are turned into finished products. The output across the industry is very broad and includes the production of organic and inorganic chemicals, plastics, synthetic fibers and rubbers, and petrochemicals. Processes used to complete the requisite chemical conversion often involve extreme temperatures, volatile compounds, harsh chemicals, and reactive gases—creating an environment where maintaining proper lubrication is difficult.
Krytox™ lubricants are used in chemical processing valves, fans, pump, motors, centrifuges, reactors, and other components because they offer compatibility with seal, O-ring, and valve polymers, in addition to extended equipment use-life and lower maintenance.
Krytox™ high-quality synthetic, perfluoropolyether- (PFPE-) based lubricants:
- Will not auto-ignite in oxygen at temperatures up to 482 ºC or pressures up to 350 bar
- Are safe, nonreactive, and nonflammable when used with reactive chemicals
- Maintain lubricity and stable viscosity throughout a wide range of temperatures in highly corrosive environments
- Are chemically and biologically inert and silicone-free
- Stay unaffected and nonreactive to acidic or caustic cleaners as well as disinfectants, steam, moisture, and high temperatures
- Remain compatible with chemicals commonly used in industry
- Contain no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine
Ensure Safety When Exposed to Reactive Gases with High-Performance Lubricants
Conventional lubricants containing mineral oils and some synthetic lubricants can react with oxygen or halogens such as chlorine, fluorine, and bromine, which can lead to a catastrophic incident. Reactive gas applications require lubricants that prevent accidents and ensure safety.
While the potential for explosion, fire, deterioration of lubricants, and equipment failure is always possible, Krytox™ NRT (nonreactive) oils and greases can help avoid issues such as:
- The need for nitrogen purging to keep non-compatible lubricants below explosive limits
- Costly, cumbersome equipment with interlocks that can fail
- Risk of compression auto-ignition when conventional lubricants make contact in an oxygen surge
- Lubrication system failure from oxidation, harsh chemical, or solvent attack
- Flammability and volatilization of the oil base of standard lubricants
- Bearing failure due to tars and varnishes
- Frequent relubrication
Krytox™ performance lubricants have been independently studied and tested by companies and organizations such as Air Liquide, BAM, NASA, and General Dynamics and are confirmed to be compatible for use with oxygen and other reactive chemicals.
B-206, The Great Eastern Summit,
Sector 15, CBD Belapur,
Navi Mumbai 400 614
Contact No. : +91 77100 96161 - 64
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.integ-tech.net